Friday, January 8, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things....

Our lovely December has left us...the delicious holidays are over and we are left to wallow through January. That being said, I have decided January should be celebrated just a tad bit more so its an easier "let down".


That being said...we have tried several new recipes that I thought I would give you a glimpse of for your enjoyment as well.

We started off with a tin full of homemade caramel popcorn...mmmmmmm...



Next we added in some delicious Moroccan Style Turkey Stew served with couscous....this turned out a lot better then any of us thought it would & is now on our 5 star meals list!























Being a time of trying new things that have not been cooked in any of my kitchens...we also decided to try a new dessert. For the first time, I put my hand to trying Upside Down Pineapple Cake. Can we say WOW! We ate ours hot right out of the oven & it was super yummy...go Betty Crocker!!




We also gave homemade pizza dough a shot tonight & I am thrilled to say, it turned out fantastic! I never would have guessed honey in a pizza dough, but it worked & was really yummy.
Next up on the docket are homemade Auntie Anne's cinnamon sugar pretzels! Oh double Yum! And scented playdough! Not to eat, but to enjoy entertaining those lovely little minds who eat all my food!
Hope you find fun & exciting ways to make your January less blue & a much more fun transition into the new year!

1 comment:

  1. where are the recipes?!??! i particularly want the recipe for the Moroccan stew!

    ReplyDelete